This is a senior technical role that is based at the Meiosis office in East Malling, Kent, the individual will report to the CEO. The Senior Technical Manager is responsible for leading a team that achieves the technical objectives of Meiosis and the parent company the Nuclear Stock Association Ltd (NSA). The Meiosis business being primarily involved in soft fruit variety licensing and the NSA business focused on high health mother plant maintenance and propagation. The activities of both company’s support fruit breeders and propagators internationally.
Key aspects of the role:
- Provision of technical guidance to the management team.
- Maintaining close contact with research institutes, plant breeders, tissue culture laboratories, propagator nurseries and triallists.
- Managing the provision of trial plant material, visiting trial sites to monitor variety performance.
- Evaluation and interpretation of trials data, compiling summary reports and promotional material, and presentation of variety information.
- Attendance at conferences and trade shows to promote the portfolio varieties.
- Supporting varieties through liaison with retail customers.
- Responsibility for the company’s high health plant facility.
- Experience and understanding of the commercial soft fruit industry an advantage
- Auditing of both propagators and fruit growers on a global basis.
- Good communications skills are essential.
- Language skills would be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access is required.
- Based in Kent, UK with frequent overseas travel.
- A full clean driving licence is a requirement.
Remuneration and package in line with experience.
Applications with a copy of CV in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org